Introducing my Gingerbread Man knitting pattern, which is great for stash busting as you only need small amounts of yarn to decorate your doll. The gingerbread man is 13 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The white icing is added using Swiss darning embroidery. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the gingerbread man.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.