Giostra’s staggered bobbles and gently peaked crown hint playfully at the carousels it is named for, making a Hat that’s as appealing to kids as it is flattering to adults.
It knits up fast in aran weight and will fit anyone from 6-month-old babies to large adults.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on, bobbles
Gauge: 19 sts x 26 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over St.St. 18 sts x 38 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over Garter St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 22, 24) in/45.75 (51, 56, 61) cm (Finished size 15.5 (17.75, 20, 22.25) in/39.5 (45, 51, 56.5) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on & Knitting in the Round
Materials you need at home:
- 91 (117, 147, 180) yd/84 (107, 134, 165) m Aran weight, single ply yarn (Sample shown in Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs & Butterflies (190yd/174m per 113g/4oz; 85% Wool, 15% Mohair))
- 33yd/31m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4.5mm/UK7/US7 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.