This pattern is size US12 // UK16 // EU44. Our measurements table and total ease allowance information can be found in the photo gallery.
If you wish to purchase different sizes EU34-EU52, you can find links to the size needed at the end of this description.
About Gladys coat:
Gladys is a semi-fitted, straight-cut, fully lined coat featuring a detachable belt. The shaping of the coat is achieved with a center back seam, as well as with princess seams on the back and front. There is a shaped yoke on the back. The center back seam is finished with a vent. The front of the coat features a rectangular-shaped storm flap attached to the shoulder seam, as well as to the armscye of the garment. There are hori-zontal seams above the knee, which run across the front and back of the garment. Gladys features decora-tive topstitching along the main seams. The classic stand-collar features rectangular-shaped lapels. The coat has welt pockets at the hip level and long, set-in, two-piece sleeves. It has a center front closure, featuring buttons and bound buttonholes. Gladys is below-knee length.
Model Xenia: Height 171 (5'7"), Bust 86 (33 3/4), Waist 63 (24 3/4), Hips 92 (36 1/4). Xenia is wearing size 36 in height 2. Approximate sewing time: 4 days (28–30 hours).
To sew this coat, choose fabrics with the following properties: - medium-weight, durable, non-stretch or low-stretch, opaque - the fabric content can include natural (wool, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (man-made silk + polyurethane + elastane, cotton + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetic fibers (polyes-ter + polyurethane, polyester + elastane) - the following fabrics are recommended: faux leather, denim, corduroy, blended raincoat fabrics, thick cotton gabardine. Attention! We do not recommend very stretchy knit materials (jersey fabric) and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, stretch lace). For the lining, choose lining fabrics made of artificial (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + poly-ester), and synthetic fibers (polyester, polyester + elastane). The coat in the photo is made of faux leather. This fabric is medium-weight, pliable, and has little stretch. The fiber content is a blend of man-made silk, polyurethane and elastane. The lining is 100% viscose.
More sizes of Gladys coat:
Size US2// UK6// EU34: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us2-uk6-eu34-vikisews
Size US4// UK8//EU36: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us4-uk8-eu36-vikisews
Size US6// UK10//EU38: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us6-uk10-eu38-vikisews
Size US8// UK12// EU40: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us8-uk12-eu40-vikisews
Size US10// UK14// EU42: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us10-uk14-eu42-vikisews
Size US12// UK16// EU44: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us12-uk16-eu44-vikisews
Size US14// UK18// EU46: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us14-uk18-eu46-vikisews
Size US16// UK20// EU48: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us16-uk20-eu48-vikisews
Size US18// UK22// EU50: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us18-uk22-eu50-vikisews
Size US20// UK24// EU52: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/gladys-coat-size-us20-uk24-eu52-vikisews
If you have any questions regarding using our patterns please contact us via e-mail email@example.com
Visit our website www.vikisews.com
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, in A4 format to be printed at home;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, letter format to be printed at home;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, A0 format;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, plotter format to be printed at the copy shop;
- - detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
Materials you need at home:
- 1. Main fabric
- 2. Lining fabric
- 3. Lightweight fusible interfacing (either knit or woven)
- 4. Straight grain fusible tape - 5 m (5 1/2 yds) for all sizes and heights.
- 5. Stitch-reinforced fusible bias tape - 2 m (2 1/8 yds) for all sizes and heights.
- 6. One pair of shoulder pads; One pair of sleeve heads
- 7. Four buttons, 2.2 cm (7/8") in diameter; Four backing buttons
- 8. Fusible web tape - 8 m (8 3/4 yds).
- 9. One roll of 2 cm (3/4") wide adhesive tape for leather; One spool of matching thread.
- 10. Two spools of matching topstitching thread (such as Madeira #35).
My name is Viktoria and I'm happy to welcome you in my sewing pattern shop!
Vikisews patterns follow latest fashion trends and come with step by step tutorial that makes sewing easy and enjoyable!
For any questions related my patterns and sewing process please fill free to contact me via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org!