Introducing my Grandma and Grandpa’s Cottage, a knitting pattern to make a pair of dolls and a doll’s house. The house roof and wall open up so you can add doll house furniture inside during playtime, and store your dolls at the end of the day. At the widest points, the house is approx 19 cm wide x 16 cm tall x 14 cm deep. The dolls are 13.5 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The house is decorated using Swiss darning (duplicate stitch) embroidery. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- The pattern is 9 pages and written in English.
- Metric measurements.
- Written pattern, charts and photos.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 2.75 mm (US 2) single-pointed knitting needles
- A pair of straight 3 mm (US 2.5) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy safety eyes and toy filling
- Plastic grid canvas sheets to strengthen the walls or strong cardboard
- A stitch holder
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.