This knitting pattern is to make a pair of dolls and a doll’s house. The house roof and wall open up so you can add doll house furniture inside during playtime, and store your dolls at the end of the day. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the house and dolls are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). Grandma and Grandpa both have spectacles made by bending jewellery wire into shape, but for safety, do not add spectacles if these dolls are for younger children as the ends of wire can be sharp. The doll house is made by knitting wall panels and covering plastic canvas grids that are cut to shape. The exterior of the cottage is embroidered with Swiss Darning to add the windows and doors and a chart is included. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 9 pages and written in English.
- Metric measurements.
- Written pattern, charts and photos.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 2.75 mm (US 2) single-pointed knitting needles
- A pair of straight 3 mm (US 2.5) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy safety eyes and toy filling
- Plastic grid canvas sheets to strengthen the walls or strong cardboard
- A stitch holder
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.