The Granny Patchwork Tea Cosy is a tea cosy that celebrates things that remind you of grandma's and their homes and your childhood.
The tea cosy is fun to knit with all the separate components, each one a mini work of art. The construction of the main cosy comes together like magic. Inspired by footballs, the patchwork consists of pentagons, hexagons and half hexagons and it shaped the cosy to a dome shape, which is perfect to cover a teapot.
Full instructions are given of how to knit the tea cosy over a 5-page pattern including charts for the intarsia work and a map of how to assemble the parts to make the patchwork cosy.
This tea cosy is a large sized cosy that covers a teapot that holds 10 cups of tea.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting it very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own Granny Patchwork tea cosy.
- Full instructions given
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 74g Stylecraft Special DK White,
- 12g Stylecraft Special DK Fondent,
- 12g Stylecraft Special DK Cypress,
- 11g Stylecraft Special DK Raspberry,
- 10g Stylecraft Special DK Clematis
- 9g Stylecraft Special DK Citron,
- 8g Stylecraft Special DK Turquoise,
- 3g Stylecraft Special DK Camel,
- 2g Stylecraft Special DK Emperor,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.