Grenadine baby childrens cardgian - hand knitting pattern
Grenadine is a mix of the old world pomegranate with new world knitting techniques. The earflaps of Peruvian hats inspired the triangles of the lower border, which mimic the sepals of the pomegranate. The cuffs echo the triangular form with smaller “puntas,” or points, another design element from the Andes.
Skills required: increases / decreases, slipped stitches, picking up stitches, knowledge of sweater construction, seaming, three-needle bind-off, sewing on buttons
Gauge: 30 sts and 42 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch with larger needles
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 4 sizes 6-12 mo, 12-24 mo, 2 yr, 4 yr
- Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- 2 (2, 3, 3) skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns Superwash Sock; 375 yd per 115 g skein; 100% superwash merino wool
- 5 (5, 5, 6) buttons 1⁄2” (13 mm) diameter
- 2.5 mm (US 1 1⁄2) and 3 mm (US 2 1⁄2) needles
- 5 stitch holders or waste yarn
- 1 stitch marker
- sewing needle and matching thread
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.