This generously sized shawl starts out as a classic triangle shape. Its sharp edges are gradually softened by short row wedges, just like hard rocks bathed by the sea. Make this large, versatile shawl in your favorite shades of fingering weight yarn.
Greyjoy starts as a symmetrical triangle shawl, knitted top down with a garter tab cast-on. The triangular shape is gradually transformed into a crescent by adding short row wedges. Small stripes of contrasting color add eyecatching detail. The shawl is finished with a wide net border.
- illustrated knitting pattern (pdf) in English
- US imperial / metric measurements
- finished size 45 cm (13.5“) depth, 185 cm (73“) wingspan length
- gauge 28 sts = 10 cm
- suitable for intermediate knitters
Materials you need at home:
- 2 skeins (420 m) Citywool Alfa superwash, gray (total length used approx 380 m)
- 3 skeins (420 m) DROPS Fabel, colorway 103, blue gray (total length used approx. 400 m)
- 2 skeins (420 m) DROPS Fabel, colorway 107, blue (total length used approx 280 m)
- 1 skein (110 m) DROPS Fabel, colorway 110, rust (total length used approx. 40 m)
- 1 circular needle, 100 cm (40“) or longer, 3.0 mm (US 3, UK 11) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 6 stitch markers in 3 colors (2 in each color)
- 1 darning needle
Live. Knit. Love. ♥
Hi, I am Ingrid and I am a designer of extraordinary knitting patterns.
My patterns are elaborate and easy to follow. Have fun browsing my shop and happy knitting.