Griff is a huggable dragon with a toothy grin. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the dragon is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The teeth are knitted using a picot cast off and instructions are included, or you can make your dragon without teeth if you prefer. The pattern has lots of photos to guide you for making up the dragon. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the dragon including 35 photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 11 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight); less than a 100g skein in each colour
- Beads for the eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.