Introducing Griff the Dragon, a huggable dragon with a toothy grin! Griff is approximately 22 cm tall (sitting). All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The teeth are knitted using a picot cast off and instructions are included, or you can make your dragon without teeth if you prefer. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the dragon including 35 photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 11 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight); less than a 100g skein in each colour
- Beads for the eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.