Goody, goody gumdrops – the polka dots on these cozy mittens are such fun. Go crazy with colour here and knit every row of gumdrops a different color, or be subtle with tone on tone. There is a size for everyone: babies to grandpas. Instructions for both traditional mittens and fingerless gloves are included.
Main colour is worsted weight. Contrasting coloured dots are worked with a double strand of DK weight which may be substituted with worsted weight.
Skills required: nitting in the round, decreases, slip stitches, drop stitches, using a yarn placeholder
Gauge: 16 sts and 24 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 7 sizes toddler, child, preteen, adult S, M, L, XL
- Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- 1 skein Rain City Knits Merino Worsted; 182 yd (166 m) per 100 g
- Rain City Knits Superwash Bluefaced Leicester DK babycakes; 61 yd (55 m) per 25 g; 100% BFL wool; 1 babycake each in Bright Orange, Vermillion, Ma- genta and Electric Coral (CC)
- 4.5 mm (US 7) needles One long or Two short circular needles or Double pointed needles
- 1 stitch marker
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.