Based on the theories of halves, this new design is a beanie full of intriguing details - from the half-life motif right through to the unique crown shaping formula.
The pattern is provided in both written and charted format, with 3 sizes that covers 12 months through to large adult. An illustrated tutorial covering the specialist cast on is also included, providing you with everything you need to knit your new Hat.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, twisted sts. specialist cast-on.
Gauge: 24 sts x 38 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.5mm needles over St.St. 24 sts x 37 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.5mm needles over 1x1 Twisted Rib, lightly stretched
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18.5 (21.5, 24) in/47 (54.5, 61) cm (Finished size 16 (18.75, 21.25) in/40.75 (47.5, 54) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorial for Alternate Cable Cast-on
Materials you need at home:
- 103 (135, 177) yd/95 (124, 163) m light DK weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in The Little Knitting Company Cashmere & Yak (95yd/87m/25g; 42% Cashmere, 40% Yak,18% Wool))
- 40yd/37m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 3.5mm/UK–/US4 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.