Hamra is a nice cardigan for girls, knitted top down and seamlessly. It is perfect for the beginning spring.
“hamra” means red in Arabic, and I wanted to design a red cardigan for my daughter.
Instructions are given for a plain or a two-coloured version.
Sizes available : 2-4-6-8-10-12 years.
Hamra exists in adult sizes too : Hamra (for women).
- knitting pattern
- imperial and metric measurement
- Sizes 2-4-6-8-10-12 years
- suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- For a plain Hamra, you will need 450 (500/550/600/710/820) yards of Sport or DK weight yarn
- For a two-coloured Hamra, you will need 400 (450/450/500/550/550) yards of main colour and 55 (90/110/110/165/165) yards of contrasting colour.
- 5 (5/5/6/7/7) ½ inch buttons.
- needles US 4 - 3.5 mm and US 2½ - 3.0 mm
- 4 stitch markers
Atelier des Glenettes
I've been knitting since childhood and never stopped: I always need to be creating something with my hands! I knit for my children, my family, my friends... and for a while now, I've been working on models for myself. I do hope you like my patterns!
You can follow me on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/atelierdesglenettes/