Hansel and Gretel are two figures from the fairy tale of the same name by the Brothers Grimm. The basis for the fairy tale are German folk tales, which probably originated in Hesse. The names Hansel and Gretel are borrowed from, in those days, the most widespread names of Johannes and Margarete, in order to give the characters in that story especially a face by name.
Hansel and Gretel are two beginner knitting instructions, for a men’s and a more playful women’s model.
Even for the cables in the female model, you only need to master knitted and purled stitches.
Which techniques should you be able to?
- casting on
The manual is short and crisp, held on 3 pages, and contains only the instructions for the cap. The mentioned basic techniques are not explained in the manual.
- suitable for beginners
- instructions female model with “Left Twists”
- instructions male model with ribbed pattern
- instructions for two sizes (S/M and L/XL)
Materials you need at home:
- 2 balls Lana Grossa, Cool Wool, Merino Super Fine (100% Virgin Wool) 50g/160m
- double pointed needles 3.5 mm
- 1 stitch marker
- wool needle
Marie and me