Ribs and welts collide to create striking angles at each end of this fun yet classic scarf. The angles may be hard but the knitting is easy, using only knit and purl stitches, plus strategically placed increases and decreases to maintain an even width. The scarf is fully reversible with an optional fringe.
Techniques: Increase (kfb) / decrease (p2tog), working simple stitch pattern from chart or written instructions, slipped stitch selvedge, fringe.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Chart and written instructions
- 8 x 54" (20 x 137 cm), not including fringe
Materials you need at home:
- Bulky yarn; 385 yd / 350 m
- Shown here in: Knit Picks Simply Wool Bulky; 100% Eco Wool; 193 yards/100g; 2 skeins in Wanda
- 6mm (US 10) straight or circular needles
- Yarn Needle
- Size J Crochet Hook (for optional fringe)
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.