Pipe bands and a rolled hem, knitting in different directions and great tweed yarn – that‘s the hat „Dante“! The colour range of the original yarn gives you the possibility to create colourful kids hats and more subtle adult hats alike. Well, my hubby likes colours a lot, as you can see – the red and blue combination was his choice ;-)
The hat is partly knitted flat, partly in the round.
- Pattern for hats in six sizes, ranging from kid‘s to men‘s size, without earflaps.
- Instruction for decently sized ear flaps for all sizes.
- Useful tipps how to make a lining from upcycled T-shirts.
- Step-by-step instruction with pictures for piping, 3-needle bind-off and other more elaborate techniques you will need.
Materials you need at home:
- ORIGINAL YARN Donegal Yarns Aran Tweed Knitting Wool from Kilcar in Donegal, Ireland, 100 % wool, LL 160 m/100 g (80 m/50 g) Order here: www.commodum.ie or at Ebay.
- Colour 1: 40 g to 50 g
- Colour 2: 25 to 30 g,
- Pipe band colour: 15 to 20 g
Pompom: 15 to 20 g
Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran, LL 88 m/50 g
Plymouth Yarn Homestead Tweed, LL 175 m/100 g
Katia Scotch Tweed, LL 95 m/50 g
Set of double pointed needles, circular needle, crochet hook, all in 4,0 mm
Darning needle, scissors
Pompom maker or cardbord and pair of compasses, balloons
Optional: lining fabric, pins, sewing thread
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)