Hats / Beanies POTZBLITZ + HAMBURG AHOI knitting pattern
- Detailed step-by-step pattern
- With pictures where necessary
- Included tutorials: decreases, increases, i-cord,crochet bobbles
Materials you need at home:
- Gauge in garter stitch, 23 stitches x 46 rows = 10 x 10 cm = 4 x 4 inches
- Approximately 75 to 100 grams of yarn depending on the yarn weight.
- Original wool I used "Merino 300" from www.bunte-wolle.de.
- Some suggestions for yarn alternatives - Malabrigo Arroyo - Malabrigo Rastita - Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend Semi-Solid - Rowan Pure Wool 4 Ply - Wollmeise Pure
- Circular needle in matching size for the yarn
Knitting pattern for colourful hats with an exciting construction! I love shawls, and I love hats – but often the hats I own don‘t match my shawls and the other way round. That‘s why I created matching hats for my shawls HAMBURG AHOI and POTZBLITZ, made of the leftover yarn from the shawls. The hats are fitted to womens size, but you find a lot of tips how to adjust the size or even create your own hat with another gauge. Still, as the tip is formed, you might need some testing to get it right. But once you figured out the system, you will probably knit the hat several times, because it‘s a great stash buster and makes fantastic gifts! Good to know: The hat is worked flat, as knitting garter stich in the round is no fun at all.
Gauge Garter stitch, 23 stitches x 46 rows = 10 x 10 cm = 4 x 4 inches The hats are knitted flat – knitting garter stitch in the round would be no fun …
These knitting and crocheting techniques you already master: Knitting: cast on, knit, purl Crocheting (for the bobbles): chain stitch, double crochet stitch
Included tutorials: decreases, increases, i-cord,crochet bobbles
Have fun knitting, yours Steffi from cats&hats
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)