- the pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the elephant plus 10 photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
HATTY THE ELEPHANT TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Say hello to Hatty! The elephant body is knitted in one piece, so she is quick to knit for a weekend project.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from tail which is i-cord knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew seams, and knit i-cord. The pattern incorporates kitchener stitch grafting and a provisional cast on.
FINISHED SIZE: The elephant is approximately 10cm tall and 12.5cm wide.