Knitting Pattern for Hearts within a Heart Pillow.
The cushion cover is knitted in one piece and the back has a four button opening.
Good project for a first attempt at Intarsia (picture) knitting.
Suggested Yarns: Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
Berroco Vintage Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran James C. Brett with Wool Aran King Cole Big Value Aran King Cole Merino Blend Aran Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran Sirdar Supersoft Aran
Different colours can be used for the hearts (as shown in the photo) - a great way to use your stash of yarns up!
Gauge: 18 stitches and 22 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size 40 cm x 40 cm (16in x 16in)
- Large colour chart to follow for the hearts
Materials you need at home:
- Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi) yarn, Yardage Main Colour, Approx 516 yards (472 m)
- Knitting Needles size - US 6 - 4.0 mm and US 8 - 5.0 mm
- Small quantities of Aran Yarn or 2 strands of Double Knitting Yarn to knit the hearts
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.