Pattern for 3 different christmas stockings. You should know how to knit in the round and with 2 colors. The pattern includes instructions and hints on how to knit the socks as well as 6 color charts.
Finished measurements: 41x14cm/16x5.5inch
- written and charted pattern
- instructions in english and german
Materials you need at home:
- tapestry needle
- crochet hook size 4mm
- set of dpns matching your gauge (4mm/US6 for the plain parts, 5/US8 for two-colored sections)
- for each sock 50g of the main color, 50g of the contrast color
- gauge 30rows x 23sts = 4x4inch/10x10cm in plain stockinette (knitted flat) , , Gauge is not crucial here, children rather get more excited to have bigger christmas stockings. You can use every sport weight yarn of your choice or thicker. A thinner yarn would probably cause Santa trouble stuffing all the gifts into the stockings.
Hi, I’m Anne Mende, a textile enthusiast from Germany.
At this place I document my journey through the world of needle crafts. My mission is to help others find a way through the jungle of knitting and embroidery, too, and inspire to leave the comfort zone and try new techniques.