My Helicopter has rotor blades that turn round on the top, and the tail rotor spins round too. Lots of fun for budding pilots to play with! The helicopter is approximately 17 cm long and 13 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the helicopter with photos and diagrams.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight); less than 50g per colour
- Toy filling
- A long doll making sewing needle to attach the rotors
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.