Henry the Horse is off to the races. Henry is 23 cm tall when standing, measured from tips of toes to tops of ears. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The reins and horseshoes are made by crocheting a single chain. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the horse and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.