Hip Bag Lana
Fall in Love with the Hip Bag Lana
With a size of 13 cm x 26 cm x 6 cm (5 1⁄8 “ x 10 1⁄4 " x 2 3⁄8 ") (height / width / depth), Lana is not too big and not too small. It has space for everything important that belongs in a fanny pack. Two zipper pocket options help you to be more organized in your Lana. Either choose a small zippered pocket on the inside or a large zippered pocket on the back of the Lana. In the Exterior Zipper Pocket, you can store a mobile phone with a maximum size of 15 cm (5 7⁄8 “) x 7 cm (23⁄4 "), which you can access quickly from above.
Thanks to the division of the front panel you can get creative with your fabric scraps and make Lana an absolute eye-catcher. Or do you prefer it simple without division? No problem! You can also sew Lana with a simple front panel instead of the three-piece front. Design it for your sporty casual look, your business outfit or for your elegant wardrobe.
In the tutorial, I explain how to make two variations of straps: either with a buckle, or with D-ring and swivel clasp.
Lana will be your companion in any case - whether you wear it as a classic hip bag or as a casual crossbody bag.
It's best to look at the lookbooks on your PC https://bit.ly/2SFY9VX https://bit.ly/3wl2fCU
Link to the Unikati YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/UnikatiJedeNahteinUnikat
Legal notice: All rights to this eBook are reserved for René Schlepper, Unikati - Jede Naht ein Unikat. Passing on, exchanging, copying or publicating (even partly) are explicitely prohibited. Details of the Hip Bag Lana may not be integrated into eBooks by other designers. We ask for prior consultation. No liability is accepted for errors in the instructions.
You are welcome to sell items made from this pattern on a small quantity basis - for personal use and small series (up to 10 pieces). Credits given to Unikati would be very much appreciated. Should you wish to produce more than 10 pieces, please contact us for a business license. Please send us an email to:
When selling bags made according to this eBook, please state the following: "sewn according to the eBook Hip Bag Lana by Unikati – jede Naht ein Unikat"!
- 49 pages of very detailed, step by step instructions with lots of photographic Illustrations
- PDF pattern for you to print (A4 and US Letter)
- with youtube sewing video
Materials you need at home:
- Exterior fabric A: ca. 30 cm x 50 cm (12" x 20") / Exterior fabric B: ca. 20 cm x 50 cm (8" x 20") (Canvas, cotton, coated linen, oilskin) / Lining fabric: ca. 20 cm x 100 cm (8" x 40") (cotton fabric)
- Vlieseline S320 (Pellon 950F Shir Taylor) or Vlieseline H250 (Pellon 809 Décor Bond): ca. 40 cm x 90 cm (16" x 351⁄2 ") = medium weight interfacing / Vlieseline H630 (Fusible Fleece 987F): ca. 40 cm x 90 cm (16" x 35 1⁄2 ") = medium weight volume interfacing
- 27 cm (105⁄8 ") (28 cm/ 11") #5 zipper tape and 1 (2) zipper pulls for the main opening / 21 cm (8 1⁄4 ") #3 zipper tape and 1 Zipper pull for the Zipper Pocket 1 in the lining / 22 cm (8 5⁄8 ") #5 zipper tape and 1 Zipper pull for the exterior Zipper Pocket 2 in the back
- 115 cm (45 1⁄2 ") webbing (2,5 cm/1", 3 cm/1 1⁄8 " or 4 cm/1 1⁄2 ") with a maximum thickness of 1,5 mm/ 1⁄8 "
- 1 buckle, 1 tri-glider (slider) or 1 D-Ring, 1 tri-glider (slider) and 1 swivel hook (2,5 cm/1", 3 cm/1 1⁄8 " oder 4 cm/1 1⁄2 ")
- Printer, sewing machine, marking pen, fabric clips and pins, iron, chop sticks or edge former, zipper foot, scissors, seam ripper
What others have made
Unikati - Jede Naht ein Unikat
Hello! Glad you're here Who is actually behind Unikati - Every seam is unique? I'm Katja - 45 years young and mum to a fourteen-year-old boy. I design and test my bag ideas and am responsible for marketing our eBooks. My dear husband is of course also part of the team, he digitises all the patterns in the background and takes care of everything technical. As a woman, I love bags. There's nothing better than being able to sew your own bag and complete the perfect outfit with it. Our bag ideas are not only beautiful, but also well thought out and with that practical something. Each tutorial is illustrated in detail and each step is described individually. If you have any questions about our patterns and instructions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Unikati.Jede.Naht.ein.Unikat/..... or Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uni_kati/?hl=de.
You can also exchange ideas about our ebooks, ask questions and present your creations in the Unikati DIY group https://www.facebook.com/groups/186798188558055/. We hope you enjoy browsing through our eBooks! Best regards René and Katja
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)