Introducing my Hippo and Elephant knitting pattern. Hippo is 22 cm long and the elephant 28 cm long (with the trunk outstretched). Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tails are i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the hippo and elephant.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Domed buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.