Introducing my Hippo Cushion knitting pattern. The hippo is 23 cm wide and 22 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tail is i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the hippo.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm DPNs (US 6)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.