Hobo Shoulder Bag Pattern with expandable bottom
This hobo bag design is stylish and high end with a unique use of straps. You can make this hobo bag with contrasting straps or add your favourite fabric on the front middle as an option. 3 ways to make these straps are included in the instructions. What I think you’ll love most is the changeable bottom with a long two way zipper. The zip along the bottom means the bag can be expanded to fit more. Fully lined with an interior zip pocket and slip pockets. The bag itself closes with a zipper on the top.
approximately 16" (40.64cm) wide, 12" (30.48cm) tall (excluding handles), 7" (17.78cm) deep with 31'' (41.28cm) handles
Sewing Level and Contents ~~~~~~~ The instructions for this pattern are written for confident beginners but the project is intermediate level. The pattern includes step by step photos with detailed instructions to show you how to make it and the full size pattern pieces.
Copyright © 2016 DesignBlanche - http://www.designblanche.com - all rights reserved. Please do NOT copy, redistribute, sell, share any part of this pattern or allow others to use it. It is for one person use only. You may sell your finished items made from DesignBlanche patterns in limited quantities only. Sale items must be handmade by you, mass production or factory manufacture is prohibited with this one purchase. You must have purchased the pattern, or have been gifted by me not by others, to sell your handmade items made with a DesignBlanche pattern. If someone is interested in a DesignBlanche Pattern, then please direct them to my shop so they can purchase a copy for themselves. Please credit ‘DesignBlanche Patterns’ in item descriptions. Do not pass it off as your own design. A link to my shop would be appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
- Full Size Pattern Pieces
- Pattern Printable on Letter or A4 paper
- Written for Confident Beginners
- Intermediate Level Project • Step by Step Detailed Instructions
- Coloured Photos & Diagrams
Materials you need at home:
- 2/3 yard (60cm) 54” wide medium weight exterior fabric
- 4 ½” (11.43cm) 54” wide faux leather or 9” (22.86cm) 54” wide contrasting fabric for straps
- 1 yard (90cm) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 11.5” X 13.5” (29.2 X 34.3cm) quilting weight feature fabric (optional)
- ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable Foam or equivalent 2/3 yard (60cm) 36” wide
- 37” (94cm) open end nylon zip & 3 sliders with pulls, 8” zipper for the interior pocket
- 2 of 1.5" O-rings (38mm), 2 of 1" D-rings (25mm), 2 of 1" Alloy swivel snap hooks (25mm), 4 to 8 sets of 9 mm Double capped rivets
- General sewing supplies
Welcome to DesignBlanche. I am DesinBlanche designer Catherine. I love design & art and enjoy making something beautiful & functional. Once I started making a bag in a quilting class about 20 years ago, I was hooked. Since then I have come this far. This is my creative outlet and helps me relax and relieve stress. It's such a satisfying activity as a middle aged woman :)
Like and follow DesignBlanche on Facebook and Instagram, and tag your creations with #designblanche @designblanche.