Introducing Holly the Elf; her hat and skirt have a picot trim and her hat is decorated with holly berries. Holly is 22 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The hat and skirt use a picot cast on, and instructions are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making Holly and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Beads for the eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.