A beautiful horse's head features on this knitting pattern for a round-necked sweater for ages 2-7 years.
Willow and Lark Ramble available from LoveCrafts Main Yarn - Rose (126) Contrast Yarn – Wicker (132)
A link to the yarn supplier is included in the pattern.
Any DK yarn can be used so long as it matches the Tension - 22 stitches and 28 rows over 10 cm/4 inches using 4 mm (UK8 – US6) needles over stocking (stockinette) stitch)
Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 3¼ mm (UK10 – US3) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – US6)
Other items you will need - a darning needle, stitch holders, yarn bobbins
This pattern covers the following sizes:
2-3 years 3-4 years 4-5 years 5-7 years
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 2- 7 years
- Colour coded for different sizes and large charts to follow
Materials you need at home:
- 4 to 6 – 50 gram ball Double Knitting yarn in Main Colour (depending on size)
- 1 - 50 gram ball of Double Knitting yarn in Contrast Colour
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – USA6) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 3 1/4 mm (UK10 – USA3) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.