A knitting pattern for a Sweater and Hat knitted in Aran/Worsted Yarn for ages 2 to 10 years - just right for those youngsters who love horses.
The ribs feature twisted stitches and there are contrast colour blocks on the sleeves.
The hat has contrast colours incorporated in the stripes and a tassel.
A lovely cosy set for your youngster which is easy to knit and warm to wear.
Tension – 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- The pattern comes with coloured coded sizes which makes the pattern easy to follow for the size you are knitting.
- For ages 2 to 10 years
- There is a large colour chart for the horse and instructions on how to make the tassel.
Materials you need at home:
- 300-400 grams Aran yarn Main Colour(depending on size knitted)
- 50 grams Aran Contrast Colour 1
- 25 grams Aran Contrast Colour 2 (for the hat)
- Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – US6)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.