Enjoy the great outdoors with this wondrous rainbow hot air balloon tea cosy. Perfect for anyone who loves hot air balloon festivals, or who is a pilot or has recently enjoyed a hot air balloon ride this would be a perfect memento.
The hot air balloon tea cosy is knitted in bright rainbow colours and it carries removeable passengers. The balloon has grey rigging and eight brown sandbags.
The tea cosy is knitted with double thickness yarn to keep the tea extra warm. The tea cosy is great fun and a real jaw dropper at tea time because it is so unusual and its size has a real presence on the tea table.
Just one cup and then I'll have to fly!
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 5.00 mm UK size 6 or US size 8 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 double pointed needles
- 20g Tan double knitting wool
- 20g Sky blue double knitting wool
- 20g Brown double knitting wool
- 20g Grey double knitting wool
- 12g or less of each Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, indigo and violet double knitting wool,
- Oddments of double knitting wool for passengers
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.