Luxurious, stylish and deceptively easy, the broomstick lace-filled Hugs and Kisses Hat is perfect to last you all winter long. Together with the coordinating scarf, the set will provide all the warm woolen hugs and kisses one can ask for in winter time. This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Sizes and finished measurements: To fit size: 50-55 (55-60) cm, 20-22 (22-24) inches.
Difficulty level: This pattern features a broomstick lace border applied on the ribbed band of the hat. Stitches used include foundation sc, extended sc, sc, front loop sc, sl st and dc. Skill Level: Easy
- Written pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Worked partially flat and partially in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts and 10 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in ribbed band pattern after wet blocking.
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
Materials you need at home:
- 150 m (164 yds) / 100 g Garnstudio DROPS Big Fabel [75% wool, 25% nylon; 150 m (164 yds)/100 g] in 105 Turquoise. Substitute any aran weight yarn for a similar result.
- Hooks size 5.5 mm (US size I/9) and 7 mm (US size K/10 ½) were used for the sample hat.
- Dowel with 9 cm (3 ½ inches) circumference for the broomstick lace (for example an actual broomstick)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.