Luxurious, stylish and deceptively easy, the broomstick lace-filled Hugs and Kisses Scarf is perfect to last you all winter long. Together with the coordinating hat the set will provide all the warm woolen hugs and kisses one can ask for in winter time.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
Size and finished measurements: 32.5 cm (13 inches) wide and 165 cm (66 inches) long.
Difficulty level: The Hugs and Kisses Scarf features a broomstick lace border applied on both sides of the scarf body. Stitches used include foundation sc, extended sc, sc and dc. Skill Level: Easy
- Written pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of 10.4 sts and 6.3 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in body pattern after wet blocking, the gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Digital PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
Materials you need at home:
- 450 m (492 yds) / 300 g Garnstudio DROPS Big Fabel [75% wool, 25% nylon; 150 m (164 yds)/100 g] in 105 Turquoise. Substitute any aran weight yarn for a similar result.
- A hook size 7 mm (US size K/10 ½) was used for the sample scarf.
- Dowel with 9 cm (3 ½ inch) circumference for the broomstick lace (for example an actual broomstick)
- Yarn needle
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.