A fun knitting pattern for a cushion which features a Sheep and Hearts. Perfect for your favourite chair or to give to someone special as a gift.
Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi) 100 gram balls Background colour and Stripes 2 balls - Grey Sheep and Hearts 1 ball – White Sheep and Stripes 1 ball – Pure Black Sheep and Stripes 1 ball – Blush Pink
Suggestions for yarn to use and links to suppliers are included in the pattern.
Gauge: 18 stitches and 22 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch using 5 mm needles
Needle size US 6 - 4.0 mm US 8 - 5.0 mm
There is a large intarsia chart to follow together with detailed instructions on how to knit the Sheep.
The cushion is knitted in one piece and the back has a four button opening for easy removal of the cover for washing. Add some lovely buttons to add interest to the back of the cushion.
If you already have Aran/Worsted yarns (10 ply) these could be used as long as they match the gauge as above. Change the background colour to knit a unique cushion for your home or knit as a gift for someone special.
- The pillow measures 40 cm x 40 cm (16in x 16in)
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Sheep
Materials you need at home:
- 2 -100 gram balls – Grey 10 ply (Aran/Worsted) yarn
- 1 -100 gram ball – White 10 ply (Aran/Worsted) yarn
- 1 -100 gram ball – Black 10 ply (Aran/Worsted) yarn
- 1 -100 gram ball – Pink 10 ply (Aran/Worsted) yarn
- Knitting Needles: 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - US6), 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8)
- 4 buttons
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.