A lovely scarf in a simple and elegant lace repeat pattern, that can easily be transformed into a cowl.
Worked flat, the IJskristal Convertible Cowl/Scarf is available in one size, that can easily be made wider or longer, or both. With both written and charted directions for the lace, this convertible scarf knits up like a dream. Pair it with the IJskristal Slouchy Hat for a lovely coordinating set.
Sizes and Finished Measurements: One size – finished dimensions: 23 cm (9 inches) wide and 130 cm (51 inches) long, measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: The IJskristal Convertible Cowl/Scarf is worked flat. Stitches used include knit, purl, skp, k2tog, yo and the centered double decrease sl2, k1, p2sso. The pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of approx. 19 sts / 21 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over lace pattern, after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
Materials you need at home:
- 100 g / 320 m (350 yards) of DK weight alpaca yarn.
- Needles in your preferred style in the following sizes (or to match gauge) Size 3.5 mm (US 4) and size 4.5 mm (US 7)
- Yarn needle
- 8 stitch markers
- 6 size 21 mm (0.83 inch) buttons
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.