Imaginant brings together the ideas of a shawl worked side-to-side, worked all in one piece and includes the edging as part of each row. Once you have completed the pattern, the shawl is done! (Who likes to weave in a lot of ends?) Imaginant is easy to customize in length and depth by adding or reducing the number of repeats so it truly can be your own shawl. And using a delicious yarn with a little bit of silk like we did will make this shawl perfect from day to night.
Finished Size: Approximately 60 inches (152 cm) wide by 22 inches (56 cm) long at center point when blocked
- Full-color photos with written pattern, stitch charts and schematic
- Imperial/Metric measurements
- Written tutorial for any special stitches
Materials you need at home:
- 610 yards (560m) Fingering Weight Yarn
- US4 (3.5 m / m) 24-inch circular needle or size needed for gauge , , Sample uses Anzula Luster (50% Superwash Merino, 50% Tussah Silk; 4oz/114g = 405 yd / 370 m) Colorway - Lottie
Karen Whooley is an award-winning, internationally known crochet designer, author, and instructor. She develops patterns and teaches classes for crocheters who want simplicity and elegance wrapped up in adventure.
Karen is the author of Modern Italian Lace Crochet, Coastal Crochet, A Garden of Shawls, and 20 other books as well as many patterns published in books and magazines. Her classes both online and live are some of the most sought after in the crochet genre. Crochet is her passion and she wants to take that passion and inspire crocheters in any way she can. Most importantly, Karen wants to bring each crocheter self-confidence and enable them to take what they have learned from her designs and classes so that they can happily create whatever spurs their own crochet passion.
Find Karen at http://www.KarenWhooley.com