And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood. ― William Cullen Bryant
This is a pattern for a poncho worked from the top down and using the Fair-Isle knitting technique.
Yarn Kits available from Gathered Sheep Yarns!
Stitches are cast on to work the neck and then Chart is worked first Rounds 1 - 14 and then repeating Rounds 15 - 28 changing colours for each repeat. Then Chart B is worked before a bit of striped rib and bind off. Experience and comfort using charts is helpful with this project.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern with Charts
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- to fit bust - 36 - 40 (44 - 48, 52 - 60) in/91.5 - 101.5 (111.5 - 122, 132 - 152.5) cm
- Suitable for Intermediate and Advanced knitters
Materials you need at home:
- yarn: Shetland 4ply by Gathered Sheep Yarns; Fingering; 100% Pure Shetland Wool; 96yds (87.8m)/20g mini skein or 240yds (219m) / 55g full skein
- approximate yarn amounts: MC (New Beginning) - 1 (1, 2) 55g skein; 225 (235, 275) yds/ 206 (215, 252) m CC1 (Ghoulish Cocktail) - 2 - 55g skeins; all sizes; 275 (350, 390) yds/ 252 (320, 357) m CC2 (Creepy Pumpkin) - 1 mini skein; all sizes; 63 (75, 85) yds/ 58 (69, 78) m CC3 (Dove) - 1 mini skein (1 -55g skein, 1 - 55g skein); 85 (135, 150) yds/78 (124, 138) m CC4 (Vampires Blood) & CC5 (Golden Ring) - 1 - 55g skein each colour; all sizes; 200 (210, 250) yds/ 183 (192, 229) m
- needles: 2.75mm (us no 2) circular 40in/101cm 3.25mm (us no 3) circular 40in/101cm
- additional tools: needle to weave in ends, st markers (2)
Mona Zillah - bunnymuff
Inspired by the diversity of Los Angeles and the cities she has lived and traveled, Mona strives to make relevant designs that are clever additions to any wardrobe. With a background in science and art, Mona has been exploring and creating in a variety of mediums for most of her life. She has found a home in the fibre-arts, enjoying every increase, decrease, and yo shaping her life. “I want us all to feel FABULOUS in what we knit and to that end, I take pride in providing patterns which have a variety of silhouettes and sizes.”