- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Written for a gauge of 18.5 sts / 21 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over pattern after washing and gentle blocking
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size).
Designed for the self-striping yarn pictured, this cowl is a wonderful knit for both Spring and Fall. The lacy chevron patterning creates lovely wavy edges. The cowl is knit from the top down in a gentle conical shape for superb draping around the shoulders that will keep them nice and warm.
The Indian Summer Rye cowl is knit seamless and in the round from the top down. The instructions are provided both charted and written out.
Size: One size: 66 cm (26 inches) circumference at the top edge, 98 cm (38 ½ inches) at the bottom edge and 37 cm (14 ½ inches) high.
Difficulty level: The Indian Summer Rye cowl is seamless and knit in the round from the top down. The patterning includes stitches worked through the back loop. Stitches used include knit, purl, kfb, yo, and a centered double decrease.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.