Into the Blue Poncho knitting pattern pdf - adult - easy
Into the Blue poncho is a mid-season poncho knitted in aran/worsted. Featuring colours that fade from sand into sea blue and then into sky blue, it also has optional sparkly thread for sea and clouds. Random knit and purl rows add to the texture.
It is an easy pattern as the only skills needed are cast/bind on and off, knit, purl, and changing colour yarn. Instructions are written line by line, in English with British/USA terms.
I used Drops Paris Unicolour yarn -
sand (17) - 188m/205yds, white (16) - 72m/79yds, sea blue (101) - 176m/192yds, sky blue (29) - 222m/243yds
Any aran/worsted yarn should be fine, with tension/gauge of 17sts/22 rows to 10cm/4in, over stocking/stockinette st on 5mm needles.
Great with jeans or a flowy skirt and just right for that extra layer on the beach or when out and about.
Please click on my name for ponchos, hats, gloves, etc, plus many owl ones. Thank you.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn – Drops Paris Unicolour 100% Cotton - 75m/82yds per ball. 3 x 50g balls Colour 17 (sand) 1 x 50g balls Colour 16 (white) 3 x 50g balls Colour 101 (sea blue) 3 x 50g balls Colour 29 (sky blue)
- 1 x 25g ball King Cole Cosmos –393m/429yds per ball - Colour 1095 Galactica - (silver thread) – optional.
- 5mm (UK6 – USA8) circular needles, 100cm/40in long to accommodate the large number of sts – you work back and forth, not in the round.
- A tapestry needle to sew up
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/