A lovely bunch of tulips to brighten up your day. Easy-to-knit tulips and leaves in double knitting yarn. This pattern was inspired by a visit to the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland where there are over 7 million flower bulbs and the Gardens are surrounded by tulip fields.
- Illustrated 6 page Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Step-by-step instructions
- Photo tutorial for making the tulips and leaves
Materials you need at home:
- 50 gram ball Lemon double knitting yarn
- 50 gram ball of Pink double knitting yarn
- 50 gram ball of Purple double knitting yarn
- 100 gram ball of Light Green double knitting yarn
- 25 gram ball of Black double knitting yarn
- 1 pair of 3.25 mm (UK10-US3) needles plus a pair of double ended needles in the same size
- Floristry Wire or 6m of 1.2 mm wire.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.