I designed this cardigan specifically with King Cole Drifter yarn in mind. This yarn has many colour schemes to choose from, and I think it is a great yarn for children. Of course, any other DK yarn will work just as well. The stitch I used resembles brioche, but is easier to work and requires a lot less yarn. It is just a clever modification of simple garter stitch. This cardigan has classic shaping, with a nice wide fold down collar to make it a little bit special.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Sizes 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 1-2 years, 2-3 years, 4-5 years, 6-7 years To fit chest of 41- 46- 51- 56- 61- 66 cm or 16- 18- 20- 22- 24- 26 "
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Materials DK yarn, King Cole Drifter Colorado approx. 300 meters ( 329yds) per 100 g ball Approx. 100- 150 -200- 250- 300 -350 g , Knitting needles 4mm (US6) and 3.25mm (US3) 5- 5- 5- 6- 6- 6 buttons, 12-15 mm (1/2- 5/8") diameter Tension 22 sts and 28 rows make 10 cm (4") square on larger needles
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.