Japanese knot bag are usually made with fabric and sewed, but I liked the design and made a crochet pattern for this bag. The bag has a round shape and closes by pulling the longer strap through the small strap. The bag will have a diameter of approx. 16 cm /6.3 inch. The height will be approx. 18 cm /7.1 inch high (without straps). The black bag has a longer strap that you can put over your shoulder; the multi color (red) bag has a smaller strap to put over your wrist or arm. You can put your cellphone, credit cards and keys in this bag.
- Illustrated Crochet Pattern (in American and English crochet terms)
- Metric Measurement ((meters) and US Measurement (yards/inches)
- Size 6.3 inch diameter (16 cm) and 7.1 inch high (18 cm) without the straps
- Suitable for intermediate crocheters
Materials you need at home:
- Crochet Needle Size C 2 (US) or 12 (UK) (= 2.5 mm)
- yarn for needle C 2 (US) or 12 (UK) (=yarn weight 4 ply/sport (Australia 5 ply)).
- For the black bag with long strap to put over your shoulder, - 175 grams of black yarn (= 425 meters/ 465 yds)
- For the mixed colours bag with red trim and red straps with smaller strap so you can hold the strap over your arm , - 120 grams of mixed colour (= 300 meters/ 328 yds), - 45 grams of red for top of bag and strap (=113 meters / 124 yds)
- Needle to sew the straps at the bag (this is not necessary you could crochet the straps at the bag with SLST)
Welcome to my Makerist page.
Here you will find original pattern designs in knit and crochet.
Inspired and crafted with my love of nature. I always aim for comfort, warmth and versatility, (and sometimes funny and quirky) timeless pieces.
Fun and usually easy knitting and crochet projects for you, your kids and your home!