Japanese knot bag - crochet pattern
Japanese knot bag are usually made with fabric and sewed, but I liked the design and made a crochet pattern for this bag. The bag has a round shape and closes by pulling the longer strap through the small strap. The bag will have a diameter of approx. 16 cm /6.3 inch. The height will be approx. 18 cm /7.1 inch high (without straps). The black bag has a longer strap that you can put over your shoulder; the multi color (red) bag has a smaller strap to put over your wrist or arm. You can put your cellphone, credit cards and keys in this bag.
- Illustrated Crochet Pattern (in American and English crochet terms)
- Metric Measurement ((meters) and US Measurement (yards/inches)
- Size 6.3 inch diameter (16 cm) and 7.1 inch high (18 cm) without the straps
- Suitable for intermediate crocheters
Materials you need at home:
- Crochet Needle Size C 2 (US) or 12 (UK) (= 2.5 mm)
- yarn for needle C 2 (US) or 12 (UK) (=yarn weight 4 ply/sport (Australia 5 ply)).
- For the black bag with long strap to put over your shoulder, - 175 grams of black yarn (= 425 meters/ 465 yds)
- For the mixed colours bag with red trim and red straps with smaller strap so you can hold the strap over your arm , - 120 grams of mixed colour (= 300 meters/ 328 yds), - 45 grams of red for top of bag and strap (=113 meters / 124 yds)
- Needle to sew the straps at the bag (this is not necessary you could crochet the straps at the bag with SLST)
I love to crochet and knit. A few years ago I started to make my own patterns. Almost every day I get new ideas. So come back reguarly, because I will always add new patterns.