japanese knot bag - summer bag - crochet tutorial
Japanese knot bag are usually made with fabric and sewed, but I liked the design and made a crochet pattern for this bag. This summer bag has a round shape, is partially made with the granite or moss stitch and closes by pulling the longer strap through the small strap. The bag will have a diameter of approx. 19 cm /7.5 inch. The height will be approx. 27 cm /10.6 inch high (without straps). You can put your cellphone, credit cards and keys in this bag and still have some room for sunglasses and a book and towel.
- Illustrated Crochet Pattern (in American and English crochet terms)
- Metric Measurement ((meters) and US Measurement (yards/inches)
- Size 7.5 inch diameter (19 cm) and 10.6 inch high (27 cm) without the straps
- Suitable for intermediate crocheters
Materials you need at home:
- Crochet needle H 8 (US) and 6 (UK) = 5 mm
- yarn for needle H 8 (US) or 6 (UK) (=yarn weight 10 ply/ Aran worsted , -200 grams of blue yarn (= 340 meters/ 372 yds), - 50 grams of white yarn (= 85 meters/93 yds), - 50 grams of gray yarn (= 85 meters/ 93 yds)
- Needle to sew the straps at the bag (this is not necessary you could crochet the straps at the bag with SLST)
I love to crochet and knit. A few years ago I started to make my own patterns. Almost every day I get new ideas. So come back reguarly, because I will always add new patterns.