Jesus tea cosy
The Jesus tea cosy is a depiction of Christ as a tea cosy. Jesus is wearing the red robe that the Romans gave to him when he carried his cross, a symbol of sacrifice. He is caring a lamb, because he is the shepherd who leads the children to god. And in his other hand he is holding two Christian fish.
The Jesus tea cosy is knitted in cream which shows off the bright red of the robe and the dark green of the fish.
I was thinking about an Easter tea cosy when I designed the Jesus tea cosy, there are lots of Easter bunnies and chick tea cosies, but none celebrating in the religious side of Easter.
Take your teapot and cover it with a Jesus tea cosy - Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of him.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25mm, UK size 10 or US size Knitting needles,
- 40g cream Double knitting wool,
- 15g red double knitting wool,
- 25g bark brown double knitting wool,
- 20g flesh double knitting wool,
- 10g white double knitting wool,
- 5g teal double knitting wool,
- 6x 8mm beads for eyes and Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.