JETTE - Circular Joke Dress for Babies and Girls | 6 Sizes
ette is a simple circular yoke dress with a cute eyelet pattern which is easy to knit even for beginners. It was important to me to avoid any breaks or interruptions in the yarn’s gradient colors at the sleeves. The method I chose ensures no sleeve stitches will need to be kept on a stitch holder.
The dress is worked top down, first by knitting flat until the buttonhole is finished and then continuing in the round after closing the placket. Apart from the few yarn-over increases the dress is worked in stockinette stitch.
The sizes given refer to the finished dress. When in doubt, re-take the measurements of the child the dress is intended for and then decide if you want to make the dress a little longer, wider or tighter. The length is easily adjustable by adding or removing rounds at the hem.
- text step-by-step pattern
- 4-pages PDF
- you need to know: knit and purl stitches and how to knit in rows and rounds, yarn over, cast-on, bind-off
- gauge: 27 sts and 38 rows in stockinette stitch are 10x10cm / 4x4 inches
- NO basic course
- 6 sizes: 0, 6, 12 month and 2, 4, 6 years
Materials you need at home:
- 1 skein Lana Grossa Gomitolo Denim, 200 g/740 m (80% cotton, 20% polyamide) or other 4-ply fingering/sock weight yarn to obtain gauge
- 1 button, diameter 1.5 cm
- 2.5 mm circular needles, cable length at least 60 cm
- Scissors, tapestry needle, measuring tape
- Several stitch markers