Jewelry Case Holder Jules - Sewing pattern
Click >HERE< to see videos of the case holder ! Jules is a case holder designed to easily help you store, carry and organize your jewelry. Roughly as big as a sheet of paper folded in 2, its dimensions are fairly modest and there- fore convenient. Jules features a transparent vinyl outer pocket in which little strips will easily hold your necklaces, loops earrings and ring in place. Open the case holder to discover another 8 little transparent inner pockets. The whole case is padded with quilted fabric to give more softness to the case and avoid compressing your jewelry.
Jules doesn't require a lot of fabric, so it's a nice projet to use your fabric leftovers. It nevertheless requires to be equipped (snap fasteners tools, zippers x5, interlining ...). A fairly short project in conclusion, to be done methodically, and using various techniques (Jules is much more than a bunch of straight stitches!). Aesthetically, it also gives you an opportunity to experiment with various colors and patterns, as I enjoyed doing.
Dimensions: 22x15 cm
Dimension (US): 8 2/3 x 6 inches
Difficulty level: Jules is not for beginners. If you are somewhat confortable with your sewing machine, aren't afraid of zippers anymore, have sewn bias before and are ready for a short but meticulous challenge that's a bit different, then Jules is for you!
Like my work? I'm just starting! Follow me on IG @soberpatterns
- Step by step tutorial in English with drawings (5 pages)
- Pattern in English (5 pages)
- In cm and inches
- Pattern in both A4 and US letter paper formats
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
Materials you need at home:
- - Woven fabric of your choice 22x30 cm or 8 2/3 x 11 4/5 inches , - Optional the fabric I choose was thin so I backed it with some basic interfacing. , - Padded or quilted fabric for the inside 22x30 cm or 8 2/3 x 11 4/5 inches. , - For the transparent pockets I used vinyl 50x22 cm or 20 x 8 2/3 inches. , - Zippers 5 18 cm long zippers. , - Cotton twill tape 11 mm or 1/2 inch thick (or thinner) to sew around the zippers 2 meters or 2 1/5 yard of it. , - Cotton twill tape 20 mm or 3/4'' thick to cover the outer edges of the case holder. But you can also use bias if you prefer, as bias is a bit easier to sew. 1 meter or 1 yard of it. , - Zipper foot , - 5 snap fasteners with the tools coming along , - Double sided sewing tape , - Clips instead of pins (using pins in the vinyl will create permanent holes).
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.