- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the crow plus photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
JOHNNY THE CROW TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Did you know that crows are very intelligent birds; they have an excellent memory and, for their size, crows have the largest brains of all birds except some parrots.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the feet which are i-cord knitted on two DPNs, and the hair which is a single crochet chain worked on a crochet hook. You could knot strands of yarn onto the head instead if you don’t crochet. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colours at the end of a row (knit stripes) and sew seams.
FINISHED SIZE: The crow is approximately 19cm tall (sitting).