My Jolly Robin makes a sweet tree decoration for Christmas. The robin’s body is 8.5 cm tall (not including the legs). Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The legs are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). This pattern uses intarsia colour-work. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the robin and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm double pointed needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.