Joy Pompom hat knitting pattern - adult - easy
- Knitting pattern
- Adult and Large Adult
- Easy - beginner
- Knit flat and sewn up, or circular
Materials you need at home:
- 1 x 150g ball Malabrigo Rasta Super Bulky – (82m/90yd per 150g ball) – First photo 178 Unicorn Bark or 005 Aniversario (slouchy option).
- 8mm (UK0 – US11) and 10mm (UK000 – USA15) knitting needles - - single-point for knitting flat - circular for magic loop method – 100cm/40in long. (Circular needles 40cm/16in long and/or double-pointed needles could also be used).
- A large/tapestry needle to sew up and weave/sew ends in.
- A fluffy pompom approx. 10cm/4in diameter, (or pompom maker/card circles to make your own - more yarn is needed).
I get a real sense of joy when I look at the yarn for this pompom hat - it’s so colourful! Just right for a miserable Winter's day! Super-chunky/super-bulky yarn means extra warmth in those cold, winter winds. A fluffy pompom tops it off nicely, or you could make your own.
It is an easy knit, knitted FLAT and sewn up, or IN THE ROUND with no seams - written for magic loop, but easily adapted for shorter circular needle and/or double-point needles. Basic skills are needed, plus knit or purl 2sts together and knitting in the round if that’s what you choose. Add extra slouch as well, if you want! Line by line instructions, in English with British/US terms.
Great for presents, or keep it for yourself!
Please click on my name for a large variety of patterns, including hats, scarves, ponchos, cushion covers, shawls etc. and many owl ones, plus a free owl scarf. Thank you!!
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 8 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/