The judge tea cosy is a character full tea cosy design with his bald head, his judge's wig and spectacles perched on the end of his nose. He does look a figure with authority adoring the teapot, and looks as if he's judging the quality of the brew maybe? The knitting pattern gives instructions for both the bald headed judge and the balding judge. The removable wig exposes the judge's head and it's a chuckle to see him without his wig on.
There's plenty more tea in the pot - Don't loose your wig!
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
- Has removable parts just for fun
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.00 mm, UK size 11 Knitting needles,
- 50g black double knitting wool
- 20g White double knitting wool
- 20g Grey double knitting wool
- A small amount of bronze double knitting wool
- 2x 16mm transparent buttons
- Clear Drying Glue and Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.