Introducing my Juggle Birdies, nest and eggs knitting pattern. The birds are 8 cm tall, the nest is 10 cm diameter, and the eggs are 4 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The feet are i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bird, nest and eggs.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm double pointed needles (DPNs)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight) to knit the birds and eggs; less than 25g in each colour
- Aran yarn (worsted weight) to knit the nest
- Toy filling
- Beads for the eyes
- Felt fabric for the beak
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.