Jules Poncho - 2 Adult sizes
For my lovely sister Julie, aka Jules - a warm, chunky, poncho to wrap up in for that walk by the sea. Moss stitch (USA seed stitch) edges, garter stitch body and a zigzag stitch pattern all come together for a cosy and fashionable knit.
The pattern is easy, as all you need to know is how to cast/bind on and off, and knit and purl stitches. Instructions are written out line by line for the zigzag pattern, in English with British/American terms, and there is a chart as well, for a visual aid. Photo and diagram included to help with sewing up. There are 2 sizes - adult and large adult.
Yarn recommendations are given, but any chunky/bulky yarn should be okay - check tension/gauge though!
A cosy knit to blanket you in warmth - just right for that walk by the sea!
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size Chest 76cm/30in – 122cm/48in.
- Suitable for Beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 2 x 250g balls of Cascade Yarns Eco+, (437m/478yds each ball.) , Colour Antique (8019), , Actual amounts used approx.– , Adult – 325g – 569m/622yds, Large adult – (not shown) - 372g - 651m/712yds, , (Most chunky/bulky yarns work well with this pattern, although amounts may vary and please check your tension/gauge)., ,
- 7mm (UK2 – USA 10.75) needles., ,
- A large/tapestry needle.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/