This stylish and graceful half-dome style Hat is worked in the round, bottom up. With its gentle and flattering garter stitch brim, and its delicate bias body, this Hat has plenty of style and stretch.
The pattern is provided in both written and charted format, and in 3 sizes, ranging from 12 months through to adults.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, provisional cast-on, joining live sts
Gauge: 21 sts x 28 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St. 20 sts x 40 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over Garter St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 23) in/ 45.75 (51, 58.5) cm (Finished size 14.5 (16.75, 19.25) in/ 36.75 (42.5, 49) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorial for Cable Cast-on & Knitting in the Round
Materials you need at home:
- 88 (116, 147) yd/74 (107, 136) m DK weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in The Little Knitting Company Tebe Extra Fine Merino DK (153yd/140m per 50g; 100% Merino))
- 35yd/32m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.